Manage your portfolios, programs and resources for optimal outcomes
Project Online is web-based, and is great for:
- Managing multiple projects
- Tracking work on timesheets
- Balancing broad resource needs
(If you're looking for a hosted version of Project Server, this is it!)
With Project Online:
Work virtually anywhere - Go Online with flexible plans that help you quickly and easily sign up for the service that best fits your business needs.
- Get up and running with enterprise-grade reliability and zero up-front infrastructure costs.
- Add teams and projects within minutes with a web-based portal.
- Immediately glean insight about your portfolio with new point and click reporting capabilities.
Get started quickly with MS Project - Get started quickly with easy onboarding, provisioning, and ramp-up in a web-based environment designed to optimize time and help teams get more done.
- Use the new visual tiles to quickly begin or flex project portfolio management capabilities.
- Enable your teams to work within a familiar environment. Project Online includes SharePoint Online and comes to you through Office 365.
- Choose between devices and browsers — Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and more — to view, edit, submit, and collaborate on project, portfolio, and everyday work.
Take action - Take action and stay up to date in more places and on more devices than ever before.
Flexible project portfolio management - Align vision and effort to prioritize initiatives, select optimal project portfolios, and deliver on your business strategy.
Effectively manage resources - Effectively manage resources with Project Online to see what your teams are doing — even when they're managing everyday work or ad-hoc projects in SharePoint Online.
Take advantage of new ways to collaborate and act quickly - Strengthen everyday collaboration with the social experiences of SharePoint Online, which facilitate discussions, information sharing, and your team's ability to get work done.
Increase agility and control - Seamlessly communicate with new ways to collaborate and have conversations improve overall teamwork.
- Hover over an individual's name in your project plan to see if a team member is available to talk or instant message (IM) with Skype for Business Online.
- Collaborate with your team quickly by dragging and dropping them into a Skype for Business meeting for group conferencing, instant messaging, screen sharing, and shared workspaces.
Make data driven decisions - Make data-driven decisions by equipping team members with the information they need to stay informed and make better decisions.
Simplify IT - Simplify IT with leading cloud services to add flexibility and security while easing technical complexity.
Quickly innovate - Quickly innovate and respond to opportunities with a unified Microsoft cloud services experience in SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, Skype for Business Online and Office 365.
Project Online Essentials:
Companion offering for team members to manage tasks, collaborate and submit timesheets. Project Online Essentials is not a stand-alone product. It can be used only for projects managed with Project Online or Project Server.